Through my adventures in the fashion world these past couple of years, I’ve come to learn that Austin has a thriving fashion scene. There are all sorts of fashion shows and events – you just need to find them.
If you’re in the area and looking for some local runways or networking events to attend early this year, here are a few options for you! I even threw in the big Fashion Week dates in February and March because they totally have live streams of some of the shows that are fun to watch.
Austin Fashion Initiative: AFI supports and promotes “the fashion industry in Austin through network uilding, entrepreneurship, innovations, and cross-sector collaboration.” If you’re really wanting to build your fashion network in Austin and grow, this awesome venture is one of the places to go. They also have events every now and then, so keep an eye out for any event listing!
- Austin Fashion Initiative @ The Refinery: Get to see a cool creative coworking space in Austin and learn more about locally created Rank & Style‘s amazing top ten lists that help inspire what items might be in your next shopping haul.
Fashion X Austin: Fashion X Austin is celebrating it’s 10th anniversary this year and has a spectacular line up planned to celebrate it. I’ve listed a few of their shows this upcoming Spring 2018, all celebrating Texas designers and their absolutely inspiring lines! For a full schedule of events this year and tickets, please check out their website here.
- Lone Star | February 2, 2018: This show celebrates 3-4 of the best designers in Texas! Yeehaw!
- Fashion X Austin Live! | March 29, 2018: This show is a benefit for KLRU and kicks off the 10th annual Austin Fashion Week. Two major label fashion designers will be featured.
- Austin Fashion Week Soirees | March 31 – April 4, 2018: If you want to go to some fun soirees for Fashion Week, this is the time to do it! You’ll get to see trunk shows, mini runways, designer showcases, and just a lot of fun things.
- Fashion X Austin Runways |April 5 – 7, 2018: Each night will feature some of Austin’s most prominent local designers – and boy, are these runways a blast! I usually volunteer for these and everyone is usually beautifully dressed and a lot of fun. I highly recommend coming to see at least one of these shows.
Modelemi: This Waco-based modeling agency is having a benefit fashion show in February that you just need to check out and help support.
- 65 Roses Fashion Show Benefitting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation | February 3, 2018: This wonderful show isn’t just for beautiful fashion – it’s to support a great cause and benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. They will be honoring one of their own models that they lost to Cystic Fibrosis this year and featuring another of their models with the same disease.
Fashion Weeks: The “Big 4” Fashion Weeks are what every major fashionista dreams to one day attend (front row, of course). I’m not immune to their charms and just have to drool at all of the beautiful clothing that gets sported on the runways. If you’re eyeing a specific city for your fave designers, here’s when you should look out for them. A full schedule of events can be found on the Fashion Week website here.
- New York Fashion Week | February 8 – 16, 2018
- London Fashion Week | February 16 – 20, 2018
- Milan Fashion Week | February 21 – 27, 2018
- Paris Fashion Week | February 27 – March 6, 2018
Are you going to any fun fashion shows or events this spring? What’s your favorite event that you look forward to each year? Share and let me know in the comments down below! I’d love to learn if there are any other live streams that I should be looking out for.