You’re doing well, not a pimple in sight. Clear skin greets you when you look in the mirror each morning. And then, one day, the skies turn dark. Your reflection gazes back at you in horror. Because there in the mirror is not one, not two, but a whole army of monsters that have laid claim to your skin.
Okay, maybe I’m dramatizing just a tad but we’ve all been there. And we’ve definitely all felt the pain when a major event is coming up sometime soon (sometimes it feels like this happens for anything important happening in life).
It might be impossible to completely clear up your skin by the time that event comes around, but there are a few things you can do to fight off that army of pimples that have come to say hello.
- Keep on top of your face cleansing routines. This is not the time to slack. We’re in a state of national emergency. Make sure to clean your face before bed and when you wake up. Another tip: clean off your makeup before exercising. If you don’t, this can cause more breakouts.
- Don’t forget your skin, hair, and nail vitamins. Maybe they aren’t going to be the cure for your problems, but this does help your skin stay strong and healthy.
- Charcoal spot masks are fantastic. I do these almost daily when I’m experiencing a breakout. Just put a little bit of your favorite charcoal mask on the offending spots and wash it off about five minutes later. This helps focus on the breakout areas and really helps clean deep into your pores. Honestly, I live off of these spot masks when pimples pop up.
- Drink your water. Hydrated skin is happy skin. Plus, it helps flush out impurities.
- Face mask it up. Maybe I overdo it with face masks during times like this, but my skin loves me afterward. Find a mask that works for you and stick with it, whether it be a clay mask, sheet mask, or mud mask. Honestly, my favorite is the Beauty Infusion Brightening Overnight Mask by Freeman. It improves skin tone and corrects discoloration – plus the obvious brightening. My face always looks so great the next day! And since it’s infused with serum, it’s a win-win all around.
- Be conscious of what is touching your face. Exchange out your pillow cases every couple of days. Clean your phone screen daily.
- Keep an eye on your hands. Don’t pop any of those pimples. Just don’t do it! Make sure that you aren’t touching your face a lot and spreading dirt around.
Honestly, I think the most important part of it is to keep on top of your skincare routine. That and maybe overdoing the face masks for about a week (though, can you really overdo face masks?). If I really focus on trying to attack my breakouts, I can quickly see results. And you can too!
Do you have any tips on quick fixes for breakouts? Feel free to share and comment below!