Being sick sucks, as I’m sure we can all agree. And after spending this weekend recovering from a bug, I feel like it’s important to address staying healthy and preventing illnesses from attacking. Or at least how to make things a little easier when you can’t avoid being sick.
- Wash your hands religiously. Germs spread like crazy – and one of the easiest ways to do this is by traveling on your hands. One sneeze or wipe of the face, and suddenly the germs are on your computer mouse, the doorknob to your office building, etc.
- Load up on Vitamin D. This lovely vitamin is super important for your immune system. If you don’t get outside that much, your body probably isn’t making enough and it might be good to take vitamin supplements. Always make sure to check with your doctor first!
- Avoid drinking too much. Too much alcohol can interrupt your sleep patterns, which can bring down your immune system.
- Keep your space clean. This should be obvious, but make sure to keep things clean at home and at work. Take out trash, sanitize after dealing with raw meats, and keep your bathroom up to standards. At work, make sure to sanitize your desk and wipe down things like your phone, mouse, and chair armrests.
- Eat healthy. The best way to keep your body on top of its game is to give it fuel that will allow it to work smoothly. Make sure to eat foods high in vitamins, proteins, zinc, glutamine, and other minerals that help promote healthy immune systems.
- Destress, destress, destress. There are days when we’re all running around like a chicken with their head cut off. And sometimes those days turn into weeks. It’s good to take time out of the day to sit back and just enjoy a good book or your favorite TV show. Mental health can seriously affect your physical health. Take care of it!
There are so many more things that can be done to take care of your health. Make sure to focus on yourself, because there is only one of you. And you matter!
What things are you doing to stay healthy and avoid illnesses? Feel free to share and comment below!